Friday, June 14, 2013

Bangkok Hangover: Eat like a King, Shop like a Queen!

Our Bangkok getaway was really good minus the fact that we both ended up with food poisoning on the last day and we missed the flight on the first day. 

Haha but I can't believe how easy we took it.
Missed the flight by 5 minutes, bought a new ticket at double the price, here we go again! 

2 years ago while waiting for Aston to open.
The same situation again! Deja Vu!
Have we changed much???

DAY 1: GLOW Platinum. Platinum mall. Yummy street food. Charcoal grilled fish. Central world. Massage. Supper.

Our hotel really made our stay more enjoyable. So spacious and homely. Plus a 200B/h massage a street away from the hotel.
Who else but the mister who always take such good care of our accommodation? :)

So hungry by the time we ventured onto the street. We tried all that we see, and spontaneously tried the roadside zichar I always wanted to try when I go BKK.
Beer with a char-grilled fish = Heavenly!

 



Day 2: Pork Lard Wanton Mee. BTS. Chaktuchak. Ban Khun Mae Restaurant.Siam Night Market. Thai Massage.

So glad I insisted on trying this. Pork lard coated noodle. Yumz.

Shopping at Chatuchak remains as horrendous for me on the second day.
I actually feel DEJECTED cos I couldn't get anything from Platinum and Chatuchak these two days. LOL

Thankfully the mister got loads of stuff.
Hahaha I have never seen him shopping so crazily before!

Recommended by love :)
Tripadvisor awarded it with Certificate of Excellence 2012. How to go wrong?
The prawn cake is a must try, with fresh prawn juice oozing out of the cake!
Other than that, I prefer to mingle in my Thai crowd to have my zichar! Heehee

Day 3: Pratunam Day Market. Chaktuchak. Street Food Lunch. Central world Hot Pot Place. MASSAGE. (FAVOURITE DAY!)

Guess who actually suggested going back to Chaktuchak again?
But this time, 风水轮流转.
We looked around so hard for the guys' street but in vain, but in the midst of searching, I found so many valuable buys!
Haha we actually shopped till I have no energy to call him to stop walking (what's the chance when shopping in Orchard alone will give him leg cramps)

MY FAVOURITE BUY! (For my new house next year) 
Don't copy my idea ah! LOL
And I finally succumbed to a "couple tee" after hours of scorching hot shopping. (I will never agree to buy anytime! HAHAHAH)

Best dinner ever, 650baht for two buffet dinner. Eat until SHIOKADOODOO!

Day 4: Anotherhound. Terminal 21. Asiatique.

Fushion thai food- prawn bisque, damn good wings, anchovies spaghetti and mango salad steak for less than 50 bucks!
Nothing much at Terminal 21 except some camwhoring moments but I will be back for more good food!



Headed to Asiatique in the evening and it was my worst choice ever :(
Reached the station and quoted by WC "you know the place by the smell" 
Headed straight in for some drinks after a short walk at their day market since the shuttle boat is only available after 4pm.

It It feels like 淡水码头 in my opinion.
Nice place away from the hustle and bustle but NOTHING TO BUY AT ALL.
Plus I am pretty sure it's the stupid dinner that cause me food poisoning the next day! :(


And since it was our monthsary that day, we stopped by for a glass of wine and to celebrate another good trip that we had :)


Day 5: Sick in the room :( 
Platinum shopping. Room service. Packing luggage!

The toilet bowl was my best friend that day. Enuff said.
Hahaha best motivation out of bed ' Can I go shopping if I feel better?' #diediealsomustshop
And thanks love for the TLC the whole day :))))

And I still managed to squeeze in 1.5hour of shopping before I need to go back to the room to puke again.
End of the day, see who got more buys still? Heehee.

Spot the Phad Thai, weapon to cause WC's food poisoning when we are back.
We are allergic to restaurant food!!! Arghhh

Ending off with a pose (why that face?) before our Thai massage- 
LAND OF SMILE, WE WILL BE BACK! :))


No comments:

Post a Comment