Monday, August 13, 2012

Share some love!

We had some Korean food to celebrate our monthsary last Friday. We make it a point to make time for each other on this day every month for a nice meal together :) I had a serious craving for Korean food that day (actually it is just craving for some Korean side dishes). So my sweet boy brought me to Seoul Yummy!


 My Myulchi Bokkeum craving! <3

Very engrossed in my budae jjigae *slurps*

Our set meal comes with a not very nice potato pancake :(

A happy me with my food :)



Love their Budae Jiggae! I like how they infuse the "Korean feel" by playing K Pop in the restaurant, plus two thumbs up for the good service and yummy food! :)

*************

Decided to make our own Budae Jigge the next day. Thought it was a little crazy to do Korean food two days in a row, but we all loved it!

It was a really simple and cost- friendly dish to prepare. Cost us less than $15 to prepare a pot for 3!


Budae Jiggae (Korean Stew)

Serving size: 2-3 pax         Preparation time: 20 minutes          

  • 1 small pack of kimchi (optional-but it did add to the flavour in my opinion)
  • 4 sausages
  • 5 crabsticks
  • 200g of thinly sliced pork from the supermarket
  • 1 packet fishcake
  • 1 packet Enoki mushroom
  • 1 packet instant noodle
  • 1 pack of toufu
  • 1 onion
  • 1 clove chopped garlic
  • 1 can of Chicken Stock 
  • 250ml of water
  • 2 tbsp Gochujang (hot pepper paste)
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil

We improvised by adding ingredients that we like and it still turned out pretty yummy! Just  lay the ingredients nicely in layers before adding the stock and water and it's ready!




Doesn't it look good? I am salivating just looking at it.

Just in case you do not know what Gochujang is...  I got this from the supermarket at about $2 per box.


                                                      (credits to oneforkonespoon.wordpress.com)

Till the next! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment