Sunday, January 5, 2014

My happy weekend!

First week of 2014 had been good to me!
How about yours?

I am trying hard to be more positive this year, especially at work.
And I do find myself enjoying work more! (hope it's not a short term thing!)

Been having good food for lunch lately.. and it's not making WC happy cos I kept eating stuff he wanted to eat! Muahahaha.

Met Jia for lunch the other day and we finally tried Tim Ho Wan!
Hohoho.. we only queued less than 5 minutes though there were more than 10 people in the queue. 

The fermented bean spare rib were good..

East Ocean had better Har Gao than THW..

Their signature pig liver rice roll was normal..

BUT THIS IS THE DA BOMB!!!
 

I love how crispy the bun is on the outside and you have steaming hot char siew oozing out from the inside.
It was so good that Jia and I decided to eat 3 each. #fatdieus.

And as if my late lunch wasn't enough, WC brought me to Dian Xiao Er for dinner.
Obviously I couldn't resist their roast duck and tofu.
In fact, I can't resist any zichar style kinda food with white rice.
And I finished the whole bowl of rice again. Roarrr.
I am such a typical lao hokkien. Hahahaha.

While I was still trying to digest my dian xiao er, he says " dessert time"!
I thought it was our usual Baskin Robbins but no.
We were going to Wimbly Lu!
Because I decided to tag him this on Facebook that day of all days.

Cafes in Singapore sorted by location


I was not kidding but I really felt like this! LOL.
(P.S. this is making me giddy as I typed the rest of the entry)

Okay back to Wimbly Lu, it would be pretty hard to get in there unless you drive. 
(To my surprise, The Cajun King was just right beside it!)
So the nice long walk in was much appreciated..
It is not hard to distinguish it from the rest cos it has a pretty red Beetle in front of it :)


They serve a decent amount of dessert but everyone seemed to be eating the same stuff. 

We too, were trend followers. 
Nothing much to rave about their waffle. It was fluffy but not fragrant. 
But the salted caramel made up for it a little.


We decided to have the Chocolate Lava cake instead of the Root Beer Cake cos we saw a girl who ordered gave a sign of disapproval to her boyfriend when she tried it. Haha.
And WC says it's probably just cake with a little Root Beer taste in it.

It's not that my phone couldn't capture a good picture under the dim lighting, but it really just look like this. 
I don't really know what's the rave about, but IMO it's really not that fantastic and I probably won't go again.

I wanted to take a picture of the cakes they have but something else stole the limelight. 
Can you find it? 
(No, it's not that guy. He was just trying to get a cake to serve his customer)

Woohoo and we had a pretty good date yesterday!
Darling said it's the first date of the year so my boy was dressed up really handsomely yesterday. 
Hahaha I even asked if he's going to attend a wedding luncheon in that! :p

We called it our voucher day because we had some vouchers to redeem from our credit card.
I was pretty excited cos I get to buy some stuff I usually won't with my money! Who won't?

Taken during one of our pit stop.
He posed because we were amazed by how many plates the three ladies behind us ate. 
50 plates of sushi at tea time! (We were that bo liao we went to count it! haha) 


And the rest of the afternoon was busy shuffling between Raffles City and Suntec to get our "presents"!

Hohoho guess what I got for myself?
.
.
.
.

I finally decided to get this for myself after some "sponsorship" from Citibank!
Spent pretty long in the shop and so satisfied with my buys!
And of cos the ever patient boyfriend who select each charm with me! :)

Every time I walked past the shop, I will mock at the people in there buying it.
"So nice meh? Free one huh?"
Moral of the lesson: Try it before you comment. 
It's so addictive and the satisfaction you got after stepping out of the shop: Priceless! LOL.
And the salesperson keeps telling WC my determination to stop at 7 charms won't last. Pfft.

It's officially the first luxury good I spent on myself.
I won't feel the pinch when I buy it for others but not so for myself, so most of my branded stuff were gifts from WC.
I wanted this long ago but I couldn't bear to splurge on it, and I didin't want to get WC to buy it for me.
Heehee and now I am a happy girl cos I really love it!

WC too got himself a good buy with partial sponsorship from OCBC. Haha.
But nothing beats mine! Heehee. 
And by the time we finished shopping, it's already 8+.
What can be better than having steamboat when you are hungry!
Our favourite Hotpot Culture in Marina Square!


So today was spent at his place doing up the wedding stuff. 
There's so much things to do but really hard to put them together.
But at least we kinda got our guest lists and gift ideas for our best man and bridesmaid today! :)

It's another 5 day of hard work before the weekend ahead!










No comments:

Post a Comment