Saturday, August 11, 2012

This is how we celebrated our nation's 47th!

Had a few post before this but they remained unpublished due to my inefficiency.

Gotta start off my first post with our national day barbecue!

It all started with WC wanting to do something on national day so we came up with a random idea of having a barbecue. Gathered a few friends and TADA.. I would say it was the smoothest BBQ ever except for a small hiccup (you will understand why later)

We got the task to prepare food.. Look at my happy chef! :)

And thanks to mummy, we got a real good deal from the market. Ultimate freshness at the cheapest price!
The rest were already ready at the pit when we got there. Quite a good choice to barbecue on National Day as most people are in red. It does make you feel more patriotic. heehee.

 The chefs in action

 With Weixong's girlfriend, Jo. She's a really sweet and petite girl. I feel like a giant beside her! Roar.

Just some of the food that we have. I am drooling while looking at the big succulent prawns!

 Everything was good till someone spotted smoke coming from our table. And it was my poor bag that caught fire :( Totally epic. Apparently, a sparkle flew and landed on my bag while they were adding the charcoal.What is the chance of getting your bag burnt in a barbecue? Haha and everyone started gathering around it to take picture of my poor little baby.



 See what I mean? The infamous flying sparkles :(

The night ended off in the company of good food and laughter. Met some of them for the first time but they were really a friendly bunch :) This is random.. see the pot above? We even have curry that was warmed up at our pit. Pro rite? haha.

Until the next... Good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment