Saturday, February 8, 2014

CNY 2014

My favourite festival is over :(
But I am still thankful for the long "rest" over the weekend with loads of catching up with friends and relatives.
I am particularly excited over this year's CNY cos it is technically my last year as a Missus and will embark on a new New Year with WC next year :)

The eve is usually the most bustling in my family.
My mum will be cooking in the kitchen since morning till evening.
That's what I am always looking forward to, cos I always enjoy those moments at home when everyone is buzzing around, helping each other with chores to prepare for the new year. 

That's my sis who inherited my mum's ngoh hiang recipe.


After a hard day of work, the most yummy home cooked lunchie!

My cutesy ahma stepped in to help while the rest of us were busy cleaning the walls.
The new abalone ambassador!

The yearly affair!

So this year, I decided to accompany my mum to my uncle's house to 拜年 after our reunion dinner.
Haha so funny cos we were all counting down to the new year show on teevee and immediately 拜年 when the clock struck 12.
So we spent the night chatting away while overcoming my fear with my cousin's new pet. 

Say hi to 宝贝!
So hard to capture a picture cos this bunny is so hyper!
Apparently it leaped out of the cage and jumped onto a wall and fracture its leg last week :(

And after a few hours of sleep, it's rise and shine again to accompany my grandma in our annual routine. 
She always make it a point to go to the temple on the first day of CNY.
I thought it was pretty meaningful though I am not a believer, but whatever makes her happy:)

Mad crowded!


Mummy's charcoal dessert and soup on first day of CNY.
Soup is the best when boiled using charcoal :)

My favourite pig stomach abalone mee sua!
I was laughing so hard when my sis sent me this photo.
Sis: you know where I got the background from?
Me: Where?
Sis: DADDY'S FAY STOMACH!

HAHHAHAHAHHA


The family is gathering to watch a CNY MV that my favourite did.
Damn retarded but so funny!

What's CNY without lou hei???
大家捞个风生水起~


Treated the family to a CNY lunch on 初二 before going to WC's house to 拜年.
So disappointed because most Chinese restaurants were closed so we settled for Bali Thai.
Quite a disappointing meal because the food suck despite the price being marked up.

My pretty sis and daddy!
Thankful for a very appreciative daddy who keep telling me the lunch was not bad cos I was so upset to drag the whole family to NEX but have nothing good to eat :(

Our yearly affair at River Ang Bao on second day of CNY!

All the zodiac at home!

Forgot to take our 初二 photo so one in the lift!


Luckily we did!
See how lousy our photos turned out at River Ang Bao :(


Steamboat and banluck at YP's place
They are WC's secondary friends but I love hanging out with them cos they are ever so funny.
We left the guys to decide what to have and they got more than 100 fishballs for all. 
The guys ended up getting stuffed by fishballs since they bought so much!

1-2-3 say cheese!

Plus a lou hei prepared by Eric every year.


Ending off with a picture of the future heartbreaker!
He's 10 months old but eat the same food as us i.e. cheng teng and fried bee hoon.
Haha that explains why his bulging tummy is always out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment