Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rainbow cake

How can anyone not feel happy looking at these pretty colours?



I decided to make a rainbow cake for danjakk as a surprise gift to celebrate her last single's birthday. WC and I started on our little baking experiment and I would say it is the most tiring and challenging recipe I had attempted so far!

It sounds simple while researching for recipes on the internet. Basically make a sponge cake, split it into 6 portion and mix your desired colours (this has got to be our favourite part) and send it into the oven for baking. Slap some buttercream in between the layers of cakes and then spread a thick layer on the exterior before sprinkling some colourful rice balls!

(Take note: You really have to make sure your cakes are leveled to prevent your sponge cakes from splitting into two!)

And after 4 hours of baking, it is finally done! :D

Followed the recipe on the ladyironchef's blog. I personally do not really fancy the buttercream cos I find it too buttery for my liking. However the satisfaction from this cake definitely comes from the responses of your friends.

"What's this?"

*cut the cake*

"Woo , WAHHHH RAINBOW LEH! So pretty!" 

See what I mean? :)

I also found an alternative to the rainbow cake and thought this looks prettier and more unique. Don't you think so?


Not going to to try a rainbow cake again this week so I am going to attempt some mini rainbow cupcakes for my colleagues and friends instead! Hope it works out better and less tiring than baking a rainbow cake! Till then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment