Sunday, August 19, 2012

We love long weekends!

Love the long weekends cos we will never have lingering Sunday blues when night time sets in :)

Headed to Vivo during noon time and it was scarily crowded. Everyone seems to be flocking to Sentosa: From the tourists, to the locals and the foreign workers. Couldn't decide where to have our lunch so spontaneously agreed to WC's idea of having Bak Ku Teh at a famous store near the old railway station.

Thank god it's only a few bus stop away from Vivo so we were spared from the glaring sun.

The guy at the bottom left corner keeps thinking I want to snap a picture of him, that explains why he is looking into my camera. haha.

We were spoilt for choice with the wide variety available

Too bad I don't drink tea. Love such nostalgic kettles and the mood was right with so many uncles sipping tea from the mini teacup

 So hungry that I made WC ordered more than usual. Even stuff that he doesn't eat. heehee

Was quite disappointed with this. People who eats pig innate will appreciate the beauty of a bowl of well- cooked kidneys and livers. This bowl tastes a little bland and overcooked :(

The pig trotters were yumz. We got a choice of getting the fatty or the lean parts. Since we can't appreciate the fatty meat, we opted for the lean meat instead. Thumbs up for this!

And of course we need to try their signature dish when we were there. The soup is evident why there were streaming customers even though it is located at a not-so- convenient place. Got a free refill of soup cos one bowl is simply not enough!

Tau- poks.

Not forgetting a photo before we dig in!

 Outram Park Yahua Rou Gu Cha

7 Keppel Road  Singapore 089053

6222 9610 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            6222 9610      end_of_the_skype_highlighting


Headed back to Vivo for some shopping while waiting to catch our movie. Got tired of walking and settled down for some desserts. First time trying Fruit Paradise and it was surprisingly good! I am never a fan of creamy desserts but this mango tart feels just right for me plus 100% freshness for the mango. Furthermore, WC gave me the raise-eyebrow-look-of-approval the moment I stuffed a mouthful into his mouth. Heehee. Can't wait to go back and try other flavours!

I love the little red heart at the bottom <3

Quite excited to watch Magic Mike but found it a tad disappointing. Refreshing concept but I wondered if it was because too much had been censored away, I don't really feel that I am watching a show about the male dancers. It got a little boring towards the middle of the show and I was just happily feasting on my popcorn.

Magic Mike Movie Poster

Didn't realise he's the lead from 'The Vow'
Channing Tatum Magic Mike Magic Mike with Channing Tatum & Matthew McConaughey

I was telling WC I can understand why these dancers are so popular in the States, cos we only have Steven Lim in Singapore! Imagine the trauma the bride-to-be will get when they try to dance with them! Hahaha. 

On a random note, got some ingredients ready for my special project! Hope everything works out well! *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment