Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Kia Ora: New Zealand Day 1 (Christchurch)

WE ARE BACK!
Just one day and I am already missing New Zealand and the company of my dearest boy.
I am so excited to blog it down cos it's like bringing me through the whole trip all over again :)
But the first thing I saw today was the BOMB in my credit card bill
Fun comes with a price to pay.
Haha but heck la! It was one of my best trip so far! :))


Need to have our favourite first before boarding.
Variety at T1 is P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C :(


Never like plane food.

Cookie & Elmo sneaked onto our flight too. Heehee

After 7+ hours, we were finally in Sydney!

Bias or what? 
Haha the sky in New Zealand is just more blue and the land more green


First Stop: Christchurch

We were arranged to stay in YMCA Christchurch.
Pretty excited at first cos it was my second time backpacking and first time staying in hostel.

Luckily WC insisted on booking a double room throughout the trip. 
He already expected me to whine and complain and not able to take the condition of a hostel otherwise I dunno how I can survive sharing room with 8 other people walking in and out of the room! hahaha.


Actually it wasn't that bad but I wasn't expecting my first room to be like that.
And this already costs us about $100 a night.

Christchurch is the largest city of the South Island. Since we only have half a day there, we just did some exploring around the city.

Check out the Re-start Mall but maybe cos it was already 4 when we were there, the place was rather quiet for a city.
Love how the mall is made up of colourful shipping containers which give the place a immediate mood uplift following the earthquake in 2010.







Headed to the supermarket to stock up on some necessities.
No.. we didn't buy these but it was my first time seeing such colourful broccoli.

"Hmm.. how do we self check-out?"
 

The road was really quiet by 6. There weren't many choices for dinner so we headed to this restaurant called Pegasus Arms that the hostel's staff recommended us.

Our first meal of the day

Had a nice dinner to end off the day with good ambiance and food:)


 

Heading to Greymouth on Day 2 of our road trip- this has got to be my favourite part of the South Island! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment