Sunday, December 2, 2012

Recipe: Glutinous Rice

I was bored on a Friday night and decided to make something for the family to eat.
Wanted it fuss- free and fast, glutinous rice it shall be!


The ingredients were really simple, just quite some effort to dice all of them. The amount and type of ingredients pretty much depends on your personal preference. I just put what I can find at home.

For a rough guide:

  • 2 cup of glutinous rice ( I soaked them overnight)
  • 2 Chinese sausages
  • 6 Shitake mushrooms
  • Shallots
  • Dried shrimps
  • 2 caps of light soya sauce
  • 2 tablespoon of oyster sauce

  1. Heat up the wok and add in about 2 tablespoon of oil. Add in the shallots and dried shrimps first. (Remember not to use too a fire cos the shallot burns really easily).
  2. Add in the rest of the ingredients after you smell the fragrance of the fried shallots.
  3. Stir in the rice with the rest of the seasonings. It should look something like this.


  4. Transfer the rice over to the steamer and steam for about an hour or till the rice soften. (Tip: Sprinkle some water over the rice as and when to prevent the rice from drying up). The colour will darken and the grains will look a little translucent and glossy like this and you are ready to tuck in!

The whole week has been spent mostly with the dearest sis hanging around in town. Finally the mugger has finished her As and it's time to let loose!

I love shopping with the sister though it can get really tiring despite our constant breaks for food. LOL.
I think age is really catching up, the younger sis can shop and blabber NON STOP for her prom stuff and I just asked to go home after getting all the stuff! haha.


We headed to Far East for our manicure session cos my cousin is getting married this Sunday! 
Sis introduced me to Nana Thai for lunch. 
The whole place feels like we are dining in Malaysia and it's rather old school so I added some retro effect to my photo. Pretty apt rite? :p

It's pretty funny they wrote Thai Seafood Restaurant on their signboard but I didn't find my Phad Thai or Tom Yum soup in their menu.

The noodles were really good! Especially my beef kway teow!

Sis' first time doing her nails and they were really pretty! :)

Can't wait for cousin's wedding tomorrow! It's like my first family's wedding after 20 years! Hahahaha.



No comments:

Post a Comment