Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A year of Gratitude and love

A year has passed again and I think this year passed by really quickly, don't you agree?

Every year this time, my mind will automatically "rewind" and think about all the events that happened in the year. 
I am thankful for 2012 cos it has been a really blessed year.
 I am surrounded by my lovely family, especially my sister, my super loving boyfriend, the wonderful group of friends who never left my side and a job that I still enjoy after 3 years into it:)
 
This year, I feel that I have grown more than other years. 
In a year, I witnessed many life events, good or bad, that seemed so surreal to me.
I lost a friend but he taught me to treasure those around me even more.
Wedding bells are ringing for some of my good friends- We used to sit around and talk about the lamest things but now our topics are always revolving around serious matters like housing, marriage, car loan etc. (Come to think of it, our house is actually coming next year!)


I used to care a lot about others' opinion of me because I can be so quiet in the presence of strangers and wonder how my friends managed to mingle so well with new found friends. However, I am a totally different person when I am in my comfort zone because I can laugh and talk about anything under the Sun with them. I can be so candid, do the dumbest thing but is never judged and still loved by them.
That's why I often tell WC that I have a split personality.
So at 25, I think I gave up making new friends! LOL.

I don't initiate meetups (cos I am lazy hehe) but I love meetups with my friends and I only try to maintain friendships when I see the other parties putting in effort. (So sad cos I think I lost a good friend this year)
On the surface I don't think I make a very good friend though I really am ok! haha.
So in 2013, I will try even harder to treasure all my loved ones around me!
Enough of such reflections cos I already did one with WC on New Year's eve (with a very lame "ceremony" hehe)

So Christmas and NYE's was spent with the loved ones :))

We wanted steamboat cos we had craving for it since we came back from NZ.
Coca didn't allow us to make reservations but had no vacancies for us :( so we I insisted on waiting till 9 for steamboat at JPot though our stomach were rumbling like mad! :D

See how happy we are!
The handsome boyfriend! Teehee.
 





Super love their seafood combo!

Ended off the night with a stroll at Vivo and then to Queens for a drink and our present exchange :)
Thank you love for such a sweet Christmas present this year! *muacks*
We seemed to be heading there every year but it's really hard to find a peaceful place on Christmas eve. 


And guess what? New Year's Eve was steamboat again!
Mummy prepared a really sumptuous steamboat for us 



And the 6 of us did a 'Yum Seng' to celebrate a good year ahead! 

Cheers to a good year ahead!
Don't know why but I am exceptionally excited about 2013.
Let's give thanks to all blessing we receive, be it big or small and embrace all challenges ahead! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment