Friday, August 23, 2013

What is your aspiration?

At the most unexpected time today, I was called into my boss' office and the first sentence he said to me was:

"What is your aspiration?"

Three years into my job, I am thankful I still feel the passion for it.
The moment I enter this job, I know it is more for interest rather than fame and money.
There are times when I looked at my peers and are envious how well they are doing, travelling all over the world, enjoying the side of the society that I think I never will experience.

Saying so much., it's as good as saying I have no aspiration.

He interrupted my train of thoughts again with another question:

"Do you think you are interested in kp-ship at work?"
I was shocked my answer came out so quickly, "No. Not at the moment."
I think I stunned him. At 26, I ought to be more ambitious, have more aspiration. Attaining leadership position will definitely means a better prospect at work, though it means I have less time to do what I want at my job. How can I be so certain of what I want? Honestly, I am not 100% certain (especially when he told me opportunity doesn't always come knocking on your door).

I might sound 没出息 when I say this but I envision myself to end work on time, have some time to do grocery shopping and prepare a whipping hot meal (and sometimes supper) for WC when he returns from work. To go for one or two holiday together in a year, to do tuition if I need the extra cash, to indulge myself and buy some stuff I like once in a while. At least now I think I will get more satisfaction from this than from work.

 This might not be accepted by many and you might say I have many years in my life in future to do that.
I think everyone has their own yardstick and one not necessarily has to be a cookie cutter girl to be accepted right? Seldom pen down my personal thoughts here though this blog is to serve as a diary for all my happy memories. Maybe a few years down the road when I start to doubt my choice, this will serve as a reminder for me, to remind me what I actually want in my life, what actually makes me happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment