Thursday, March 28, 2013

Our mini Batam adventure!

It's pretty amazing how we can even have an adventure in... Batam!

A getaway was much needed cos work has been really draining this period. So I was supposed to plan a "surprise" trip for WC but it turned out more of a shock for us.
We settled for Tempat Senang, rated 1st by tripadvisor (see the endless good reviews here!) and of course due to a miscalculation of budget on my part ( I was quite unwilling to spend $1000 in Batam!)

I had been raving to WC about how amazing the place is, till we reached Sekupang Terminal.
The guy who picked us up told us he could not find my name on the reservation list- in another words, they missed my reservation!
I wanted to cry on the spot! Especially when WC told me we might have to head home if we cannot get a good accommodation. *sobs*

We headed to Tempat Senang nonetheless, to see if they could provide us with any alternative solutions.
To our surprise, they actually promised us a fully paid trip to our desired theme room when we return again in May!
Yay cos we saved a thousand bucks but it also meant that we have to make alternative plans for the weekend :(

A hearty breakfast before our trip


Tempat Senang indeed live up to their expectations. The full compensation aside, they brought us to their restaurant for some food while we decide on where to go next and even drove us down to Turi Resort which is a good one hour drive away.

I was too upset to eat. Haha so I was forced to take a picture with the food instead.


I guess I will be fuming mad if this incident happened in other resorts, but they were so sincere and handled it so well we even post a good review on tripadvisor despite their big booboo! LOL

Maybe the eventful day makes me unwell on the first day.
Hahaha I can't take a roller coaster in my emotions!

Spent the two days chilling in our room and by the pool side, curling up in our bed to watch running men and playing UNO :)
So relaxed that these were the only pictures I took! 

Our room! Spot our little babies!



End of the day, it's still the company that counts.
One more place checked in our travelogue. Looking forward to our next staycation in May! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment