Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Staycation at Park Avenue Rochester: Happy 2014!

Happy 2014 folks!
There wasn't any new year resolutions or gathering, just a simple and quiet countdown with my favourite boy :)

WC booked a suite at Park Avenue Rochester for our mini countdown party this year.
Didn't really fancy going out to squeeze with the crowd or succumbing to substandard food because of the New Year craze.  
I just wanted somewhere with our own kitchen so I can whip up a New Year special for my man!

Somewhat similar to Capri's concept, but a little more apartment like, with a bedroom and a living room.
Everything was good (it's just a stone throw away from Star Vista!) just that the ventilation was pretty bad :(
The whole living room stunk like mad and I refused to leave the room into the living room after that!

All ready for our staycation!

Look who else we brought to our staycation this time!

 

We headed to Star Vista after checking out our meal to get some bites and some food for our supper. 
Woohoo! I love Itacho!! 

Look at their FAT salmon! Wooooooo~   
Although it's $1.30 a piece (slightly pricier than Sakae and all), it is so worth it!
 

Went back to our room after that and slack around watching teevee.
Finally got down to cooking for our New Year dinner!
Heehee didn't know WC snapped so many pictures of me. I was so flustered with all the chopping and frying!

Evident I got crazy from cooking!
(P.S. those two mushroom cost me $4 lo!)

And the head chef stepped in to help :)
 

Tada! Our "gourmet" menu!!

Our tapas: Panko Prawn balls! 

And ahem.. my so called "Gourmet burger with chunky fries"
'

So disappointed with it though it definitely tasted much better than it looked.

See how supportive WC is. Haha trying very hard to get the best angle of my food and still gave me a 9/10 for my effort though it was so ugly :(
Forever so encouraging! :) 


我永远支持你! (insert my own subtitle! heehee)


" I am gonna devour you!!!"

And our best buy that night was this!
Totally suit us cos it tastes really good with only 2.5% alcohol! Hohoho.
Goes so well with the burger!
Haha and because we bought only one can, we need to compete using our ipad game to see who get the last sip!

The night was spent in the room playing games, watching the Channel 8 countdown which was surprisingly good this year. 
We had our mini version of countdown party, dancing and screaming to the Wanted and Wang Lee Hom. 
WC even prepared our own version of fireworks! LOL. 

The energy level gets low as we got older. 
Haha I was so tired after that I just sprawled on the bed watching Twilight on the teevee. (It's just to wasteful to sleep on a staycation)

And the most awesome boyfriend went out to cook magee mee for me cos I said I was hungry! #somuchlove
Haha sorry it was so pixelated cos I just zoomed the camera from the room as I was glued to the bed =x)

Taste much better than it  looks! 
The lighting in the apartment was so dim it was hard to capture any good photos. 
We supposedly have fishballs to go along with the noodles but they were all spoilt :(
We bought them from Cold Storage just in the afternoon! :((
So WC threw in the cuttlefish ball that we wanted to fry earlier on.
Yummehhhhh~~

So I crossed over to 2014 quietly and blissfully with WC :)
They say it's a symbolic year cos you cross over for 2013 to 2014 (because it sounds like 一生一世).
Pretty romantic too eh? Especially when 2014 is gonna be the most important year for the two of us!

I don't need any crazy partying but will be contented if I can do it with my loved ones annually.
(Heehee I am already beginning to anticipate my 2015 countdown in our love nest! Probably can invite our family along to countdown with us!)

****************

Rise and shine the next day!
I am usually the kind that will forego hotel breakfast for an hour more of sleep but this time WC paid extra $15 for a pax breakfast I better get myself down for some food.
  

Boo but the spread was so bad this was all I have,

So we went for a better lunch at Star Vista! 


Happy to get some good food on the first day of New Year!

Wanted Watami at first but I gave up because I told WC I wanted to eat Ne Ne Chicken after my ramen. 
But my poor old man was so tired he didn't have the mood to eat so we have to give it a miss.
Luckily there is another branch at Scape so I am gonna try it soon!

So...
I have it for dinner with the sister cos she was craving for it as well!
Our New Year dinner together!!!

4 Fingers never go wrong! 
Damn shiok to eat 18 wings together! Fat die us!


Hope your first day of 2014 was as joyful as mine! 
I am so excited for 2014 not just for myself but I heard so many wonderful news from my friends as well already.

Happy 2014 everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment