Sunday, July 20, 2014

Garfield Run

The weekend had been great. 
Tried out a new recipe, catch up some episode of 'Return of Superman', Garfield run, finalise our wedding pictures, dinner with parents and a good date with love before the dreadful Monday arrives again.

Wanted to come back to do some work cos I receive an email about some dumb last minute meeting tomorrow. 
I kind of regretted my choice every time I think of it. 
Maybe there's just too much on my plate: My wedding, a new place (there's hell a lot to do compared to the wedding), a new appointment at work, endless workload and project. I try not to remember that my studies will begin in 3 weeks time. 

I took on a new appointment at work because I wanted to try something new, and it's quite dumb cos there's no monetary rewards perhaps just some satisfactory moment each project is done. But that means ALOT of additional hours of meetings which I deemed pointless and a total waste of time. 
Perhaps I feel this way cos my heart and brain is always preoccupied with the house and the wedding. The wedding planning has been placed aside, and all our focus is on the house. Who would have thought planning of a house could be that hard? So much thought is put into even where to place a wire, which bulb to buy. Actually WC has been doing most of it while I did the damn job about buying things from Taobao. 
It's cheap but reading those chinese words and figuring out which shipping method and company to use is damn hard. I believe we saved quite a fair bit buying from there, but it's definitely at the expense of tonnes of frustration and argument. I even got nightmare about shopping from there! It doesn't help that I am such an impatient person, working so much but yet everything seems half done. FML. I tried not to lose my temper but I don't know why I got so frustrated easily. Then I got guilty cos WC got all the shit from me and blah blah it goes on in a vicious cycle. 
Think I am forming this intense love-hate relationship with our house. 
But not going to give up! Think it will just get better :)

I hate the feeling I feel inadequate in my work, yet have to represent my department in presenting all those crap that I don't even know what I am talking about. 
It's taking up so much of my time I lose the drive to be efficient. I can be in the middle of some stuff and I just take a break to check if my loots from TB have arrived. End up everything is undone. 
I think I don't really have much of a choice now. 
I am not a quitter so I just have to suck it up and do all the shit I have to do. Perhaps it will get better when I get the hang of it or be more focused on it when all my wedding stuff and home prep is ready. 
LAO NIANG ONLY WANT TO GET MARRIED NOW AND NOT WORK! lol.

Ok enough of ranting. It's supposed to be about the Garfield Run.
If you survived all my ranting, here's the photos! LOL.

WC's friend introduced him to the Garfield Run so he suggested we go since we have not done something like that together before. Plus the fact that he wanted the medal for us. haha.
Did I mention that I don't like running? (I think my max was 3km though WC keeps insisting that I have done more than that before).

The only time Garfield appeared. 

Really Garfield Run. Everyone was taking photo before the starting point. That includes us!

Mandatory shot before the start of the run.

Halfway through the race still can take photo. Haha.
The medic located at that point was damn suay. So many couples approached her to take photos cos the Singapore Flyer is behind. 

We looked damn slack but we really ran ok?
Some couples walked throughout. #likeagarfield


And cos it's a couple race, we actually held hands to complete the last 100m of the race. 
Cliche but quite sweet la. Heehee. 

They even had loads of free food from the sponsors after the race. 
Since the couple run was before the 3km fun run (with loads of families and kids), we got our food without much queuing. Yay!

Damn excited to take photo with our childhood mascot. 
Favourite snacks when I was young. Actually now also!


Still got pencil paddlepop!

We are in a jolly mood after the run.
First time see everyone so happy after a fun. Must be the Garfield- effect. 


Face damn fat here. 
But it's the only photo of our medals. And I can't believe how lousy S5 camera is under low light. Pui.

We queued the longest for this! 
But no regrets :)
Not sure if I will go for another run again, but I definitely had a great night with WC yesterday.
Maybe like what Serene says, "love is blind". 
Haha because only WC managed to persuade me to join a run which my friends had failed in our decade of friendship.
Who knows what is he capable of doing next? ;P






No comments:

Post a Comment