Saturday, February 8, 2014

ME- Time

Been wanting to update about CNY for some time but I can't really find the time to do it. 
(Ok fine, that's an excuse. I have been digressing from what I want to do lately :( )

Work has been pretty busy these days. It seems endless.
And having three assignments due in two weeks doesn't really help.
Plus my mind is constantly thinking about many ad hoc matters about our wedding.
Not to mention my roller coaster emotions that comes once a month. 

I need to correct the normal saying that there are much to do for a wedding.
Because it's a once in a lifetime event, you keep researching for more because you only want the best. 
They ended up really unsettled and I HATE unsettled problems because they made me really frustrated.
I am such a chopchop currypok character. 

I get frustrated ==> Become indecisive ==> Don't know how to prioritse cos everthing feels important ==> Gets more frustrated.

And the vicious cycle continues. 

So yesterday, I decided to drop all work and head out for some ME Time. 
Refused to do any work (though my assignment is due next Tuesday).
I. JUST. WANT. TO. GO. SHOPPING!

ALONE!!!

I enjoy the ME-time at times going window shopping, doing my manicure, or even dropping by Yakun or Starbucks for a cup of coffee, surfing blogs and facebook and even just stoning into thin air.
Doing what I want without having to speak or relate to anyone.
They miraculously made me feel better after that.
The occasional bagging in of a good buy or something I like makes me even happier! Haha.

Some people fear doing things alone, or they don't want to be labelled as anti-social and lonely.
To me, it's perfectly fine.
I can't do it all the time, cos everyone needs company.
But I do believe everyone needs their ME-Time.


Don't get me wrong.
WC has been really supportive and understanding. 
Things would have been much worse without him.


In fact, meeting him for dinner and having some random conversations is something I look forward to at the end of each day.
Sometimes, I wonder how anyone could be so patient with me. 
At times, I would just call him and tell him all the stuff we have not done and began this whole cycle of frustration and ranting at him. 
I would have flare up if I were him, but he would just stay by my side and comfort me.

On a happier note, it's the weekend again!
BBQ at WC's place later, annual dinner at my girls' and aunt's place and I am more or less done for CNY!
Have a good weekend all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment