Sunday, April 20, 2014

Jane Thai Food

Blogging while WC is watching soccer beside me.
Was expecting a big victory but such a boring match today *yawn*

Saturday was town day!
We have not been to town for some time and were quite surprised by some changes (though I can't really recall what has changed.)

Chanced upon this at Scape cos they were having some eco-fair.
These skyscrapers were built from drinks carton. Doesn't look like it from far right? 


And the reasons we were there was because of Mitju shoe fair.
We saw the advert at Somerset so that became my agenda of the day.
Bagged two pairs for only $35 and one other at $12. 
Cheap or not?
Plus it was a gift from WC cos I haven't been shopping for a long time :)

I forgot what we did in between. 
Sign of old age: Town is no longer interesting. Bahhhh.

Okay I remembered. We had a movie at 940 so WC suggested we walk down to Orchard Tower to try the Thai food I had been raving to him.

FML. I can't even remember the shop cos everywhere seems to be under renovation. 
So I quickly googled and saw Jane Thai Food as recommended by Ladyironchef.
It's a little adventure for us cos it reminded me of Patong, the red light district in Bangkok.
Since I couldn't find the one I tried before, we just quickly settled for this. 

We actually stopped to take a selfie at Orchard Tower. LOL.
(Disclaimer: Not me ok! hehe)

The food didn't fail and they have a bunch of pretty friendly waiters (which I assume are the bosses). 
Ordered the clear Tom Yum Soup. Tasted a little different from what we usually have and a little more sour imo.
Would try the red tom yum next time cos I think the taste will be more balanced. 

The Phad Thai was good too, just not very authentic.
Spot the crabstick in phadthai =_=

3 words: VERY VERY GOOD.
Hahaha ok I know that description sucks. But the prawn cake was really crispy on the outside and juicy in the inside.
MY FAVOURITE!!

The next recipe in my to-cook-list: Basil Pork.
Goes real well with a bowl of white rice.

The bill came up to about $50 with two drinks.
I won't say it's cheap but what's cheap in Singapore anymore?
They have a new Mookata on their menu, so will go try that in future!

Jane Thai Food
400 Orchard Road #04-30 Orchard Towers Singapore 238875

No comments:

Post a Comment