Saturday, May 3, 2014

The tulip mania and spiderman

Don't judge this plate of black stuff by its appearance. It's damn good. 
We wanted to grab some food before we head to Gardens By the Bay but everywhere was packed with tourists
Settled for the food republic in MBS but the food is so expensive lo. 
This is the famous fried hokkein mee I was introduced to when I was in KL. 
Haha texted my girls immediately cos it brought back so much memories and first thing Serene said was 'When's the next outing?"

Obviously this was half as good but twice as expensive, not to mention WC queued 30 minutes for two plates of this. 
You seldom see the man getting angry and when he did, you know they must have really pissed him off.

Not a flower fanatic especially when you still have to spend money to see flowers.
But I am so glad we went. $12 pax for a different date (made better with the aircon and flower scent), there's nothing better to ask for!

I swear I spammed WC's phone with pictures of flowers cos they are so pretty. 
Now his phone contains only mainly photos of either flowers or his robots at work, maybe with 1% of my face in it =_=

We took so many pictures of the flowers I need to make collages of them.
So happy now even just looking at them :)


Let me intercept a few of our pictures and marvelled at the wonder what Beauty Face can do. LOL. 
I look like a multi-tasking monster busy taking photos while doing selfie. FML.  




And stupid things we do.


Felt so happening that day, cos we decided it was cool to watch a blockbuster the first day it was released.

I managed to sit through 2.5h, but it's not difficult for a $230 million budget movie.
The plot feels superficial and much of the special effects lack the WOW impact. 
It's like you see a tank of electric eels, obviously the villain is electro man right?

But there are times that made you go awww.
I am not really a superhero fanatic, but I guess he has to be my favourite amongst all.

Why? Simply because he gives people hope. 
But then again, superheroes are many a time not a good lover.
Because they have so much on their plate, it became hard to keep to their promise as much as they wanted to. 
Like how he promised Gwen Stacy he will try and the next moment she is dead. 

That's why 平平凡凡也是一种幸福.
A simple to understand yet difficult to achieve goal in life. 
Reminded me of a quote I saw on Instagram the other day which I found really meaningful:

“The only time you look in your neighbor's bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don't look in your neighbor's bowl to see if you have as much as them.”  ―Louis C. K

No comments:

Post a Comment