Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sally goes to Ho Chi Minh Part 2: Cooking Class at Cyclo Resto

Day 3 was a slack day for us.
Say byebye to our extravagant stay and check in to a new hotel.
Haha I make it sound damn lousy but it's actually a pretty good hotel. 
People receive best hotel from tripadvisor ok! Dun prey prey!  


And off we go for our cooking class after a short rest!
There was a little hiccup because the guide did not pick us up at 3 as promised. So I called them and they told us they mixed up our slot for the morning class and the afternoon class has already started their market tour. 
So we waited at the lobby for close to an hour before they picked us up.
We have to give the market tour a miss and I was really upset about it.
I am that kind that can't hide my emotions well so I think my face looked damn black.
The guide was very apologetic and WC kept asking me not to behave like that but I just can't help it what.
Hahaha the sense of guilt + frustration + disappointment = more black face!
All was good after awhile la.. I can't get angry for too long.

Hello everyone! Sally is here to whip up some Vietnamese feast!
First a selfie at the class before the rest arrive.

And a wall of graffiti.  They are actually fabulous reviews left by guests all over the world.

My ever- chilling man <3


We learned some cutting techniques from our friendly chef Vu.

And to our first dish, guess what?

And there was a couple from NZ and Belgium in the same class

Feeling accomplished after our first dish!


Did you guess it right?
Looks not bad hor? But I don't like.. Haha the unhealthy me like it FRIED!

Let's move on to something more complicated.
See how much ingredients were required! We cooked 4 more other dishes!!!

 All paying close attention to what the chef says...

See how focused WC was.
I pick. I pluck. I chop. I smash.

I stir. I roll. I fry. I am a chef!

Chef Vu recommending the Vietnamese pancake mixture.

Our pancake. Haha total flop.

Mission accomplished!




And our graffiti on the wall! Heehee

We went for desserts after our dinner @ Ladoree. 
Haha imitation in Vietnam.

The cake was alright but the macaroon was good.
We had caramel and green tea?
Not too sweet. Yumsss.

A very cute boy that was in his own world haha.

Our only photo at the night market. 
Haha damn shag after the cooking. 

The teevee became WC's every night. 
Haha he happened to snap this picture when they scored a goal.

Holiday is for indulging!
Damn yummy seafood fried rice from the room service 


No comments:

Post a Comment