Sunday, July 6, 2014

又老一岁咯!

Had an awesome weekend :)
Because they know I love surprises, Jia and WC had something planned for me.
Not just because of the surprises, but I felt really blessed with the love and effort from my family and friends.

Jia brought me out for a surprise birthday lunch.
She refused to let me guess where she is bringing me but she always let the cat out of the bag before we go to the place.
But she really caught me by surprise this time!
We had Jerry's BBQ and Grill for lunch because I was craving for ribs badly while we were in Ho Chi Minh.
And we overordered (as usual).

Just pop over to HGW and was shocked by its bad review.
Hahaha really not that bad la. I quite like its old school, chilled and laid back ambience.

Jerry's deep fried mushroom. Not bad.

We actually ordered half a dozen of chicken wing cos Jia was pretty sure we can finished.
But Level 3 was already numbing for her so I ended up eating most of it. FML.

Ok I don't like this but Jia likes.
But this is their signature so I think it boils down to personal preference.

Ehh seafood marinara..


Supposed to go for dessert after that but went for foot reflexology instead cos we were too stuffed.
Thanks Sis for the wonderful treat!

This birthday, I told WC I wanted something handmade. Haha in fact I wanted a handmade card from this year on cos I imagine grinning to myself ten years down the road reading the cards made by him.

He wanted to bring me to Blue Mist but it was closed on Sunday.
So we went Restore Living instead. It's a quaint and chill cafe and might head back for its waffle cos I heard its not bad.

Because WC says it's not time for dinner, so we need to kill some time by taking goofy photos.
It's my birthday post, so I must make more appearance.
Whatever.

I was getting a little restless because we spent so long walking without doing anything birthday related.
So I demanded for my present. Hahahha
Look
what
 WC
 made
for
 me!!!!
.
.
.

So much love okayyyyyyyy!!! *muacks*
WC has made and written some small cards for me before but nothing so elaborated!
And it's so thoughtful cos it's all my favourite photos from my instagram :))
And in an instagram box cos I am forever on instagram. zzzzz.
I can never be as thoughtful as this!

I must have underestimated how happy I was.
I was practically griinning.
Haha and yes, I was instagramming again.

Dinner was done at Kho Kho Nara Chicken because we are currently into chicken and beer *read with the Korean accent*.
Despite the postive reviews online, I only have negative comments about them.
Serve the wrong dish. Poor service. Mediocre food. \
Period.

Their chicken wing was supposed to be good. But first they served me the wrong thing.
What is it that they wrote Winglet on their menu and I got drumlets, somemore in the wrong flavour.
So I had to try hard to get their attention (literally cos there's only 2 staff with more than 10 tables, with endless enquires and calls from walk in customers) to get my food changed.
TWICE they got it wrongly, that I blamed on poor communication because I spoke to a Korean and a PRC.
And when I tried to ask her what flavour was the chicken she served, she actually said, "
"哎呀,我不知道啦!”
Like WTF seriously.

The commotion stops there because WC keeps telling me it's ok and I shall chill cos it's my birthday. Haha.
I can stand lousy food but I can't stand bad service.
I reckoned nothing would be resolved because they won't even understand or even bother what I am saying.
So yea, DON"T EVER PATRONISE THEM.
By the way, 4 fingers served wings 10 times better and also cheaper than them.

We have skills good enough to make normal food looks good.

Still looking happy cos that's before that chicken wings that took years to arrive.

That's why all posed with the pot only.

$20 for this. Pui.

He was texting non stop when he was with me so I knew something was wrong. And the fact that he was so secretive about it means he has something hiding from me! So I knew it was either collaboration with my friend or sister.
But by the time we ended, it was 9 and we headed home straight after that.

I swear at that moment I wanted to cry.
Hahaha although I wanted a simple celebration, it shouldn't be just a dinner plus a a card right?
Okay, I sound greedy, but you must see what we do for each other's birthday. Haha more elaborated than any other occassions lo.

So as I was going up the escalator, I saw someone sneaking behind me.
Hehehehe, I knew there was be something else!
And nothing new, I spoiled his surprise again. Zzzz.
But we still pretended that nothing happened and headed home. Haahahahah
I was expecting my family to spring up in the dark living room with a cake, but when that really happened I don't know why I feel really touched.

I am a fan of surprises, and things like that are what I will do but no one has ever done that for me before.
Apparently WC liaised with my sis and got a cake delivered to our place (My favourite strawberry shortcake somemore!)
Because the deliveryman came much earlier, my mummy and sis were loitering at the corridor waiting for the cake because they were afraid I will discover their plot.
And this time it was not my sis but my parents who looked so excited with a cake in their hand singing the birthday song.

Daddy suggested this cos we took too many of the mandatory family shot.
Love it so much it's now at my office desk :)

And this too :)
The most awesome parter I can ever ask for <3


Thank you baby for preparing all the surprises that I could never guess and the love that my family seldom expressed to me. (Ehh not no love arh.. we express through other ways! Haha)

The next day was the annual dinner treat my parents have for me.
Jia couldn't make it cous she was at camp, so I sent her a video of our full faces while she's having her lunch box.

Her reply, " Thanks ah! Happy Birthday Fatfat!"

Had been postponing this post for too long. Shall leave some other celebrations with friends to the other post.

Giving thanks for the life that I have, the people that I love and love me, and learning to be more grateful as I grow older.
Happy Birthday to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment