Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Perfect Weekend :)

Weekend was great! 
After a routine week at work, we love spending our Saturday afternoon lazing around doing nothing and enjoying each other's company :)
WC was craving for Korean BBQ, but most of the restaurants we wanted to try were fully booked.
Found Corner Place Barbecue on Hungrygowhere and decided to give it a try!

Conveniently located beside Marina Square Food court, this place is a hidden gem! 

Look at the array of food!
The quality of the food and service was not compromised though the place was fully packed.



They even have a cooked food section with the chef preparing Dobokki and fried pancake. Yumz!

Happy us with the food!



For $30+ pax, I am so coming back though we risked smelling like barbecue meat again!

Wanted to find a chillout place but everywhere was closed at 10pm (except Starbucks which was freaking crowded)
We are always in a dilemma to go for late night dates cos transportation is so expensive (boo!) plus we will be so tired the next day. Long gone were the days we can go out for midnight shows and still do supper after that! LOL.

Still, we decided to check out Switch.
Always wanted to bring WC after my girls brought me there once.
It is a subsidary of Timbre so yea, the feel is like Timbre. Just that it is air-conditioned and they performed a mixture of both English and Chinese songs. 

Saturday band never goes wrong.
I really like the band performiing that day!
GroundZero, Haha I even went to like them on Facebook. 



There was some lame hooha going on about a guy in red shirt who is going after many girls that night.
So all the red shirt guys were called up on stage to dance.
It was pretty entertaining except that they cut short a bulk of the performing time by the band. Mehh.

I was feeling so happy in my world of music (especially when he sang Korean song too! *melts*)
Plus I had a good laugh at the sulky boyfriend cos I spoiled a BIG plan of WC two days in a row!

***********

I followed the group Project Awareness on Facebook and was so impressed by how determined the founders were in doing good for the underprivileged and how much the organisation has grown in a few months time.
I remember Bella sharing about how Richie believe in doing some good, be it big or small everyday and I thought it will be a good pointer to keep in mind.
Since Project Awareness always have ad hoc activities, I thought it will be a good platform for us to start some voluntary work again!
I was really glad that WC agreed so spontaneously (what surprises me more is Mummy volunteer to join us the next time round we go!)
It was our first voluntary service together and together with some other volunteers, we went to deliver packet lunch to some of the residents in the rented flats at Boon Keng. 




Reminded me of schooling time when I was still volunteering with Red Cross and Interact club :)
I guess everyone gets a little busy meeting up with our life expectations that we forgot this group of people who needed more help than us.
A little bit of warmth, a small chat to show that we care do mean a great deal to them. 


Our hearty lunch to replace a photo of us after two hours of work! :)
Everything taste good when you do good!

What makes the activity more endearing, I saw a different side of the mister :)
Glad that we share the same passion and can't wait for the next one together!

Saw this quote of Facebook a few days back and thought it makes loads of sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment