Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Time to watch that waistline of mine!

Been eating too much good food recently I feel FAT!
I have the chance to try out some new food place recently, thanks to the wonderful people around me :)
And coincidentally, most of them are Japanese food!

Met up with the BFF two weeks back cos he wanted to give me a birthday treat.
Despite proposing 1001 places to dine in, I settled for my favourite food in the end.
Thanks for always accommodating to my fickle-mindedness! 不愧是我的 BFF! Heehee

Decided to try out Shabu Sai at Orchard Central, just because I thought the name was amusing.
First impression was not too bad.

Love those wooden labels and dry ice effect :) 
It subconsciously makes me feel that the food is fresher. Haha.




 


The food turned out alright, didn't fail me though I don't really like their soup base.
Nom nom, the carnivorous me like meeeeeeat!
Free flow shabu shabu! *slurp*

They have a few kind of soup base to choose from. We took the spicy soup base which was salty and the not-very-nice yuzu salt collagen base which was VERY salty.

Shall not be so adventurous next time and try the normal sukiyaki instead!

Our usual date night at Nex. 
We discovered a new place for dinner (except it was WC, I never notice its presence till I set foot there)
Tucked in a corner near the food court, the place attracts a steady flow of crowd.
For less than $10 a bowl, the udon/ ramen exceeds my expectations with the generous portion and super yummy soup.

Plus this place has a really funny name: Men Men Don Don

Everything was good till we were served by an "eccentric" waiter. Feel so uncomfortable eating in his presence cos our seat was just beside his cashier counter. 

Shall try again, provided he's not there! Haha



************
Met up with Huifang after a year or so?
It has been a long time since we met but we never run out of topics to talk about.
She brought me to try out a Japanese restaurant in Cuppage Plaza that was really good!
I love going out for meals with my friends cos they always introduce new places to me!

Their business is so good they took up almost half the level.
I was "warned" prior entering of their bad service and a menu I do not understand.
Huifang says she has been here for at least four times despite the bad service. See how good it is?
 


The menu is in Japanese, so we had a fun time inferring the food we are eating from the little pictures on the menu and using our trusty google translator! LOL.


Lucky us not only filled our tummy with really good food that day, the service was not bad too!




Decided to try out Smoothie King that was highly raved by many of my friends.
Heard that it is popular in Korea but bahhh it totally failed me :(


Impromptu dinner with Gen and Chuck at PS last week.
 I was "interrogating" Chuck on their relationship till he kept wanting to call for the bill!
Gen and I were telling him I was only Level One in my clique. How to get past the rest if he can't get past me! Heehee

Looks a little different from the menu but still yummeh!




That's about it!
Can't wait to get hold of Van's wedding photo so I can blog about it!
There was so much love at the wedding and all of us had so much fun despite being such a tiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment