Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Strangers' Reunion

My dear friend just returned from her Sri Lanka and I can't wait to hear all about her adventure.
Decided on Strangers' Reunion because I was so tempted by all the pretty posts and review of it on Instagram. 
A pretty short walk from Outram MRT abeit the drizzle.

Love how unpretentious the place look, with Chinese water painting in the midst of the aromatic coffee and eclectic design. They fit surprisingly well though.


I am not a fan of brunch, so was there mainly for the waffle. 
It's one of the better waffles in town, love the airy waffle that blends in so well with the creamy buttermilk ice-cream. 

Our first try at spam fries but they fail us badly :(
Too thick and soggy for spam fries and it tastes exactly like the 午餐肉 my mummy always make to go with plain porridge. 

But this makes up for it.

And of course a pretty coffee to complement the rainy weather :) 

We never run out of stuff to talk about.
Talking about putting two introverts together. Hehe. 
By the time we remember a photo together, we were done with our food already.
Because it got pretty crowded by noon, we headed to some random coffee place for another drink and unknowingly chatted till 4 before we left. 

And since we are talking about food, another food haunt that we will definitely go back again for the cake.
The Mille Crêpes at Lady M is to die for!
I thought the one at Paris Baguette was good but this was 10 times better! There is a tinge of burnt caramel in every mouth we bite into.
WC is already asking me to get that as his birthday cake next year. LOL.

My current obsession.

And a very cute thumbdrive that WC got for me from Mos Burger :)
Just have to spend $15 and make purchase using NETS.
I guess there is only very limited stock cos we purposely headed down to two branches before we got it! 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment