Saturday, April 19, 2014

Chilli Crab with Prima Taste!

I wanted to update my two outings with my girls but I realise I forgot my photos again :(
So I should just focus on my chilli crab cooking adventure today!

It was the Good Friday yesterday but WC had to work.
Quite disappointing cos I thought we could finally relax and celebrate after my modules are over.
But I decided to prepare a little surprise for him after being inspired by *ahem* some 黄金年华 show that was showing how to cook a crab last Sunday. 
We both love crab, and he had been mentioning it a few times to go for a crab feast together.

Heeding my friend's advice, I decided to try the Prima Taste's Crab paste that costs a whooping $7.40.
It had better be good cos it's almost thrice of the price of the other paste available in the market.
 A little panic attack in the morning cos there's not a single crab in sight in the whole wet market!
Thanks mummy to the rescue, she brought me to the supermarket and they have some live crabs available.

And this is all we need :)

Follow the instructions on the package. 

And got a little skeptical...

And more skeptical cos there looks like it's too much water..

Till the aroma starts filling the whole kitchen..

And tada!
.
.
.
.
.
.

Looks damn good right?

I don't know what app she uses but this photo is totally magazine worthy. 
But seriously the crab look so good in real life, it looks like those we had in Chinese restaurants outside!
We even prepared fried mantou to go with it okay?
I was amazed how easy it was to cook, and received fantastic reviews from the family! *beam with pride*

And just when we thought we could settle down for some crab, we were in for more drama. LOL.
Realise the shells were not cracked, so we started digging for a claw cracker.
Then suddenly...
 

We burst out into laughter cos since when is the shell so hard?
And no prize for guessing who's the culprit.

Look damn guilty can?
Caught in the act! Hahahaha

So we have like 4 claws left not cracked, my mum suggested wrapping the claws in a plastic bag and hitting it with the handles of the scissors.
And WC broke it again!

Last alternative, hammer.
Poor WC is damn scared by now.
Hahaha he even make disclaimer before using the hammer. 

And Jia sponsored us durians for after meal dessert!!
The happy girl with her favourite durian that she has been craving for a long time. 
(Too bad the durian seller sold her some lousy ones.. haha)

It's indeed the most accident-prone and messy cooking adventure together, but it's so fun we are going to do it again soon!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment